Wednesday 16 October 2013

NLP Standard Deception and Lies. Parts 2 & 3.

NLPers are masters of deception. Question everything they say, and you will find it is all smoke and mirrors designed to deflect your attention from the truth.
Part 2.

After the last post this was posted on Facebook:

i read what you wrote on that link and i posted a comment which will probably not be approved. you're full of shit and if you really think that way, this is going to be amusing. let's start off with the specific methods and approaches that NLP uses that matches those of cults. what are they and is it possible to use neutral but effective methods for good or bad? also what NLP training have you had and who was the teacher or teachers? in the wrong hands NLP can hurt people just like you can learn martial arts to enrich your life, stay healthy and protect yourself and others or you can use it to hurt or even kill people. would you say martial arts is a cult because some people use it to hurt others?

Here is my response:

i read what you wrote on that link

Thank you.

and i posted a comment which will probably not be approved.

It was approved.

you're full of shit and if you really think that way, this is going to be amusing.

That is puerile, and I will not dignify it with a response.

let's start off with the specific methods and approaches that NLP uses that matches those of cults. what are they

The use of fake education establishments to indoctrinate people and using mind control techniques like embedded commands to get people to act as you want without them being aware that they are being used. That’s just two to start. I’ve already covered much more in this blog. Read the 1st post as a starting point. http://www.is-nlp-a-cult.com/2013/05/is-nlp-cult.html

and is it possible to use neutral but effective methods for good or bad?

That is loaded by calling them neutral. In my opinion using manipulative and underhand tactics to get someone to do what you want is morally wrong. Whether you deem that action to be good or bad is not yours do decide. If you have denied them the option to be aware and decide for themself if it is good or bad then that is manipulation.

also what NLP training have you had and who was the teacher or teachers?

That is completely irrelevant. My arguments are against what is taught as NLP.

in the wrong hands NLP can hurt people just like you can learn martial arts to enrich your life, stay healthy and protect yourself and others or you can use it to hurt or even kill people. would you saymartial arts is a cult because some people use it to hurt others?

Analogies can sometimes be useful and other times can side track the conversation from the main point. In this instance the analogy is useful in explaining why I studied and researched NLP. Someone was manipulating me with it and I couldn’t understand what was happening. Just like someone learning a martial art to defend them would do, I went and found out how I was being attacked. Understanding NLP techniques enabled me to defend myself. No of course I wouldn’t say martial arts are a cult. Again my arguments against NLP are with its methods not what people use it for.


Part 3.

Then this:

You don't want to debate me because you know you can only keep this nonsense up for so long before you appear absolutely paranoid. If your intent with your blogs and Facebook page is to warn people of the dangers of cults that is a noble cause and if you want to warn people that some people who use NLP use it to manipulate and take advantage of people I have no problems with that either because it's true. It can happen. But to call all of it or even half of it a brainwashing cult is ludicrous. NLP wouldn't even qualify as a religion. Christianity is far more cultish than NLP could ever be. You simply don't have all the information and experience to know what you say you know about NLP. Your breakdown and responses to what I posted were not only paranoid but they were also manipulative. Maybe you have studied NLP......

You don't want to debate me

Really?

because you know you can only keep this nonsense up for so long before you appear absolutely paranoid.

Again telling me what I know. Again you are completely wrong. Then telling me what other people will think when they read this. I will leave them to decide that.

If your intent with your blogs and Facebook page is to warn people of the dangers of cults that is a noble cause and if you want to warn people that some people who use NLP use it to manipulate and take advantage of people I have no problems with that either because it's true. It can happen.

It was in part, thank you. It is more to warn against getting involved in NLP period. Not because of how some people use it. All use of NLP is despicable and can cause great harm. Like losing a sense of reality, losing and alienating your friends amongst other things.

But to call all of it or even half of it a brainwashing cult is ludicrous.

In your opinion, not shared by me.

Christianity is far more cultish than NLP could ever be.

Agreed. Someone wrote in the comments of another blog that “NLP is a religion for the inept.”  I concur.

You simply don't have all the information and experience to know what you say you know about NLP.

I never claimed to have all the information or experience. I believe have more than enough to form an opinion that I feel is well founded enough to publish and let those that read it make up their own minds.

Your breakdown and responses to what I posted were not only paranoid but they were also manipulative. Maybe you have studied NLP......

My breakdown responses are the only way to successfully get my argument across when you make so many points in one go. I can see no way anything I have said could possibly be construed as paranoid or manipulative. Please expand so I can understand what you are getting at.


5 comments:

  1. it's really difficult to respond to each of your comments on my comments. this is not a good setup for an online debate. while i would like to respond to all of your comments i will keep it to a minimum. it's unfortunate that someone was using NLP to manipulate you and that you had a bad experience with it. i assure you many more people have had great experiences with it. i don't deny that it can be used for bad and i don't deny that some people can lose touch with reality and alienate friends while delving into NLP. however, NLP does not "make" people do that. there is someting within the individual that has led them to this. NLP is a method and approach to make life better and through NLP i've learned to open myself to more possibilities and to live the life i feel i deserve. along the way i've made more connections with people i likely never would have and i've strengthened connections and relationships with people who i had relations with before i started taking NLP courses. i don't doubt your negative but limited experience with NLP and i'm certain i have more experience with NLP than you do. do you doubt my exeperience? will you allow for both possibilities to be true, that using NLP can uplift a person's life or someone can use it for ill? you said yourself that you studied NLP to understand how you were being attacked so in a sense you used NLP to defend yourself. did you become brainwashed as a result? do you feel like you're part of a cult now? no, you used it and it sounds like it worked. good for you. if you use NLP i think that makes you an NLPer. you're one of us. you've joined us. let's get your initiantion underway. i'll call Bandler and Grinder and we'll all meet at your house tonight. seriously though, a lot of the manipulative and underhanded tactics like embedded commands you mention are derived from hypnosis more specifically the hypnotic techniques of Milton Erickson. he was one of the best therapist who ever lived and helped hundreds if not thousands of people. he was a master but one thing he could not do was manipulate someone to do something they really didn't want to do or something they felt was morally wrong. he even tested this and found that people simply would not act against their own will no matter how many embedded commands he gave them. the point is a practiced NLPer may be able to temporarily put you into a state that makes you more agreable and they may get you to buy something you didn't want for example. i've had this happen to me from salespeople who were not using NLP as i'm sure most people have. a morally grounded person who practices NLP knows this won't take you far. it's very shortsighted and unethical. a morally grounded NLPer would not push someone to do something they didn't want to do in the first place. any good therapist or good salesperson whether they use NLP or not knows that communication is the best tool to help a client and so in helping someone you align your product or your solution with what it is they want and you help them make the best choice for themselves. i assure you the choice is always up to you no matter how good the NLPer is just like you realized you were being manipulated and you put a stop to it. NLP did not make that person manipulate you any more than violence on TV makes people violent. motivation comes from within. NLP is a set of tools and a study. it does not tell you how to live your life, but it can help you connect with what it is you want and help you make it happen.

    Damon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's really difficult to respond to each of your comments on my comments. this is not a good setup for an online debate.

      No it is the ideal way to debate online and very simple. Just quote what are responding to then add your reply. This makes it much easier for the reader to associate what comment each reply refers to. What you are finding so difficult is it defeats some of your NLP methods. NLPers usually ramble on not allowing their victim to get a word in, they use falsity to justify their points then quickly move on to the next one before the victim has had time to think about how they were just conned. By time they have finished they have made 4 or 5 false claims and the victim is given no chance to respond point by point. I am simply pulling you up on everything you say and you are not equipped to deal with that.


      i would like to respond to all of your comments i will keep it to a minimum.

      Translation: You can’t respond to the points I make. What you are doing is just ignoring the parts of what I say that demonstrate the nature of NLP, it is a cult and it harms people. All NLPers I have met use this method (a subset of the silence imposition as you lot refer to ignoring people) not just in conversation about NLP but in avoiding anything, if you challenge them about any odd or antisocial behaviour they will just ignore you.
      Instead of answering my points you will just carry on trying to spread the gospel. That is what you are programmed to do, recruit for the cult. Your replies are predictable and of the same nature as you would hear from members of any cult, or religious zealots.


      it's unfortunate that someone was using NLP to manipulate you and that you had a bad experience with it.

      A little fake rapport, that’s predictable. Everything about the way you converse reminds me of them and every other NLPer I have met. The way you keep telling me what I think, should do or how I should feel. Then completely ignore me when I pull you up on it. You are trying to impose your thoughts on me with linguistic trickery and you have no idea how to deal with someone who can resist it. Our exchange on Facebook to yesterday shows yet more of the NLP sociopath you are. A sociopath is never wrong and despite repeated requests you wouldn’t stop, always having to have the last word. Just repeating your point and not answering my points. Sadly that is why I had to ban you. It is not a debate if I answer every point you make but you don’t answer mine. You can’t debate; you can only repeat your mantras. Repeating your original point is not an answer, it is evading an answer.


      i don't deny that it can be used for bad

      You are ignoring the point I made that its methods are bad however it is used. It is wrong to use mind control and linguistic tricks to manipulate people however good YOU deem the cause. You are denying the victim their ability to decide that and imposing your values on them, imposing your will, mentally enslaving them. I have already answered your point in this way, but rather than answer me you just repeat yourself. You have no answer to this.


      and i don't deny that some people can lose touch with reality and alienate friends while delving into NLP.

      Everything about the way you converse tells me that is exactly what you have done. I am yet to find an NLPer that hasn’t. Of course you don’t know that as you are brainwashed and living in your own version of reality.
      NLP does not "make" people do that.
      Everything I have experienced and witnessed with many NLPers leads me to believe it does.


      someting within the individual that has led them to this.

      Sure everyone has something that leads them to NLP, that doesn’t justify what NLP does to them.

      .... tbc

      Delete
    2. cont.... (I hit max reply length)....

      NLP is a method and approach to make life better and through NLP i've learned to open myself to more possibilities and to live the life i feel i deserve. along the way i've made more connections with people i likely never would have and i've strengthened connections and relationships with people who i had relations with before i started taking NLP courses…….

      I will point out that it is the same as could have been written by any brainwashed member of any cult. Of course you think everything is wonderful in the make believe land that is entirely constructed in your imagination. The connections you have made are with fellow members of the cult and the ones you retain are the people who care for you so deeply that they will never give up on the real you before you were brainwashed.

      Because you ignored all my points I just skimmed the rest of your nonsense from this point.

      I learned NLP in the same way I learned history, to understand its mistakes. I was never and will never have anything to do with evil. I never use any of its techniques but understanding the weapons used against me allowed me to work out how to defeat them.

      I’ll leave it on the blog in as someone might enjoy your propaganda. I think it all amply demonstrates that everything I have said about NLP is true. You are an agent for the cult looking to convert the naïve and vulnerable. I don’t fall into that category.

      If you want to respond to any of the points I have made either in response to you or directly on the blog I will welcome them. If you are just going to repeat your mantras and propaganda I will not be publishing further comments from you. I have been more than fair in giving you a platform to air your opinions but a debate is a two way process and like all NLPers I have met you communicate in simplex mode, that is talk but don’t listen.

      You of course always have the option to publish your own blog to get your views to an audience.

      Delete
    3. It has been a few days and Damon hasn’t left any more comments, it is not that I’m censoring him. I just wanted to make a couple of points about the rest of his comments above that I did not address at the time.

      He missed the main reason I learned about NLP. It was to find out what had caused such a devastating effect on someone I knew and cared about. I investigated it rather than leaned it. Damon chooses to portray it as: “you used it and it sounds like it worked. good for you.” This could not be further from the truth. (the “good for you” part is a standard NLP trick to congratulate me for agreeing, designed to stop me questioning the lie.)

      He then says: “i think that makes you an NLPer. you're one of us. you've joined us.”

      Just stop and think what that tells us. Would anyone that had been to an educational establishment talk in this way? No but a member of a cult would.

      Then this: “let's get your initiantion underway. i'll call Bandler and Grinder and we'll all meet at your house tonight. seriously though…..”

      He makes out he is joking simply to disguise his true intention. That is to convert me, and everyone else he meets, to the cult. That is what he is programmed to do.

      Then the rest of the comment is yet more smoke and mirrors. Trying to make out that NLP can be used for good. I have already addressed this fallacy many times in our conversation. He still has no answer as to how it is justifiable in any circumstance to use trickery and deceit to enforce your will on someone. That is all the “tools” that are taught in NLP are.

      I can only guess that I haven’t heard from him again because he has worked out that his attempts to convert me won’t work. He might be successful at praying on the week and vulnerable but not on those strong enough to resist.

      Delete
  2. Just...wow!
    It´s very cathartic to read your comments/analysis.
    Robert Jay Lifton´s Eight Criteria For Thought Reform came to mind as I read this post.

    ReplyDelete